Iconboard is a plugin for creating optimized icons with multiple sizes from artboards in Sketch.
The supported icon formats:
- ICNS (Apple Icon Image) for Mac apps, document types, folders and aliases.
- ICO (Windows Icon) for website favicons, Windows applications, document types, folders and shortcuts.
You can compress icons further (up to 2x) with Optimage. There is a helper plugin Optimage for Sketch that will automatically compress images exported from Sketch.
Unzip the package and double click the Iconboard.sketchplugin file. The plugin will be installed to the default Sketch Plugins folder and will appear in Plugins tab in Preferences.
Sketch may need to be restarted for the changes to take effect.
Iconboard commands are available through Plugins > Iconboard menu in Sketch.
Export Artboards to ICO and Export Artboards to ICNS export selected or all artboards on the page to the related icon format.
You can make an artboard exportable and create any additional icon sizes with the same artboard. This also allows you to create all icon sizes automatically from a single image. Use Suffix field to specify resolution, e.g. add @2x for retina sizes.
If you have Auto Compress enabled in Optimage for Sketch, created icons will be automatically compressed.
Support is available via email@example.com or @vmdanilov. Glad to help with any questions you may have regarding the design plugins.
If you are a student or a non-profit, contact me and you can have these plugins with 50% discount or even free depending on your situation.
1.1.1 – 22 April 2018
- Added 48x48 and 64x64 ICNS sizes
- Added ability to explicitly specify resolution in Export panel
1.1.0 – 31 October 2017
- Fixed export in High Sierra
- Added automatic image compression with Optimage
- Removed outdated built-in compressors
1.0.1 – 10 January 2017
- Adapted to the latest Plugin API changes
1.0.0 – 30 June 2016
- Initial release